– 8 slices of day old Tuscan-style bread
– 10 cherry tomatoes, halved
– 1 red onion, thinly sliced into strips
– 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil (120ml)
– 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar (30ml)
– 4 fresh basil leaves
– Salt and pepper to season
Submerge slices of day-old Tuscan-style bread in a bowl of water.
Use your hands to squeeze out all the water that the bread has absorbed. Break up the bread into small pieces and place in a large bowl.
Squeeze cherry tomato juices into bowl before adding the tomato halves to the bread mixture.
Add red onion strips, virgin olive oil, and red wine vinegar to bowl
Tear up basil leaves and toss into salad mixture. Salt and pepper to taste. Toss well.
Let rest in fridge for a few hours for all the flavours to amalgamate. Best served the next day.
Yield: 4 servings
Still hungry?… See more recipe’s from David Rocco’s Dolce Vita