Chef Craig Harding and Rob Rossi provide a super fun, quick and delicious recipe for a brussel sprouts salad that could also be a perfect side or starter for a dinner party.
Ingredients (Serves 4)
- 2 x large handfuls of Brussels sprouts
- 2 x clementine oranges
- Pine nuts
- Kosher or Maldon salt
- Fresh cracked pepper
- Goat Feta
Instructions for Charred Brussel Sprouts Salad
- Cut the ends of the brussel sprouts off and slice in half. Reserve some brussel sprout leaves.
- In a medium-high heat pan or on a plancha drizzle good olive oil. Carefully place the brussel sprouts cut side down. Season them with a pinch of salt. Ideally, kosher salt or Maldon salt. Cook for 2-3 minutes then flip and cook for another 2 minutes. You don’t want to overcook them.
- Take one of the clementine oranges and slice it in half. Put the cut side down on the pan to caramelize for about 3 minutes.
Peel the other orange and segment it into pieces.
- In a bowl add the charred brussel sprouts and the reserved leaves. Squeeze in the charred clementine juice and give a gentle toss.
- Take your pomegranate and slice the end off about half an inch and segment it into quarters. Scoop out the seeds and sprinkle over the sprouts with a small number of pine nuts.
- Take a plate or platter, place the charred brussel sprouts on the bottom, and place the leaves on top. Place the segmented clementine oranges around the plate.
- Scoop out the pomegranate seeds and sprinkle over the sprouts with a small number of pine nuts.
- Season with a pinch of salt and pepper. Finish with a drizzle of olive oil.
- Enjoy Rob and Craig’s Charred Brussel Sprouts Salad!
Hungry for more recipes? Check out Open Fire!