By David Rocco’s Dolce Vita
– 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil (60ml)
– 2 tablespoons butter (30ml)
– 2 shallots, chopped
– 1 cup Arborio rice (240ml)
– 1/2 cup white wine (120ml)
– 2 cups fresh beet juice or puree (480ml)
– 4 cups of vegetable stock (1liter)
– Grana Padano cheese for sprinkling, freshly grated
– Truffle oil, for drizzling
In a large saucepan, heat olive oil and half the butter over medium heat. Cook shallots for about 3 minutes until translucent, stirring occasionally.
Add Arborio rice and continue stirring for another minute. Add wine and stir for 2 minutes or until evaporated. Pour in half of the beet juice and let reduce.
Slowly ladle in vegetable stock and stir until the stock evaporates. Repeat this step until risotto is al dente (16 – 20 minutes). Use the remaining beet juice to finish off the cooking process.
Remove from heat and mix in remaining butter. Plate and sprinkle freshly grated Grana Padano cheese over risotto.
Drizzle truffle oil over individual plates and serve immediately.
Yield: 4 servings
Still hungry?… See more recipe’s from David Rocco’s Dolce Vita