By David Rocco’s Dolce Vita
– 25 chestnuts, roasted and peeled
– 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
– 1 shallot, chopped
– 1/2 cup canned puréed peeled tomatoes (120ml)
– 8 cups vegetable stock (1.8l)
– 1 cup toasted croutons
– 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil (60ml)
– Fresh parsley, finely chopped
– Salt and fresh ground pepper to season
Place olive oil, garlic and shallot in a deep pot. Cook for a few minutes or until garlic turns golden in colour.
Add tomato purée and chestnuts and cook for a minute.
Add the vegetable stock and bring soup to a boil. Season with salt and pepper.
Reduce heat and let simmer for about 40 minutes.
Sprinkle parsley before serving in individual bowls. Add croutons to each bowl.
Yield: 4 servings
Still hungry?… See more recipe’s from David Rocco’s Dolce Vita