– 3 pounds mussels, rinsed, beards removed(1.36kg)
– 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil (60ml)
– 2 cloves garlic, crushed
– Dry chili peppers, crushed (optional)
– 1 cup white wine (240ml)
– 1/2 cup red wine vinegar (120ml)
– Bunch of Italian parsley, finely chopped
– Salt to season
Discard any mussels that are open and remain open when you pinch the shells together.
Heat up extra virgin olive oil in a pot. Add dry chili peppers and garlic.
Add mussels and wine to the pot and cover with lid. Cook for a couple of minutes then add red wine vinegar, parsley and salt. Stir well and cover. Steam until mussel shells are fully opened.
Remove any mussels that have not opened as well as the garlic cloves.
Place mussels with in a bowl and drench it with broth. Serve with a spoon, as the broth is to die for.
Yield: 4 serving
Still hungry?… See more recipe’s from David Rocco’s Dolce Vita