By David Rocco’s Dolce Vita
– 1 lb rigatoni pasta (450g)
– 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil (60ml)
– 2 garlic cloves, chopped
– 1 large eggplant, cubed
– 15 infornate olives, pitted and chopped
– 10 large sun-dried tomatoes, chopped
– 2 dried chili pepper, crushed (optional)
– 1 jar of tomato puree (750ml)
– 0.8lb freshly grated mozzarella (400g)
– Smoked scamorza cheese, as much as desired, roughly chopped
– Freshly grated parmigiano cheese for sprinklingsalt to taste
Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
While the rigatoni cooks in salted boiling water, prepare the sauce. In a saucepan heat up olive oil and sautí garlic, eggplant, olives, sun-dried tomatoes and chili peppers for a few minutes.
Add tomato puree and salt. Let cook for approximately 10 minutes on medium heat.
Drain rigatoni, add to the saucepan, sprinkle with some parmigiano and cook for another 30 seconds.
Place half the rigatoni in a baking dish, adding a layer of half of the mozzarella, half of the scamorza and another sprinkle of parmigiano cheese over the pasta.
Add the remaining rigatoni, and follow with a final layer of all the cheeses. Bake for 20 to 30 minutes or until golden brown.
Still hungry?… See more recipe’s from David Rocco’s Dolce Vita