– 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil (60ml), plus extra for drizzling
– 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
– 8 large sun dried tomatoes, chopped
– 12 black olives, pitted
– 200g canned tuna (7oz)
– 2 cups tomato sauce (see ‘salsa di 5 minuti’ recipe) (470ml)
– 1⁄2 cup 35% whipping cream (120ml)
– Bunch of Italian parsley, finely chopped
Heat olive oil in a saucepan. Add garlic, sun dried tomatoes and black olives.
Cook until garlic turns golden in colour.
Pour in tomato sauce and cook for a few minutes. Drain the canned tuna and add it to the sauce. Cook for an additional minute.
Add the whipping cream and cook all together on high heat until just before the sauce begins to boil.
Add cooked penne (just before the al dente stage) or your favorite pasta and finish cooking directly in the sauce for an additional minute.
Sprinkle parsley and drizzle with the best extra virgin olive oil available. Serve immediately.
Yield: 4 servings
Still hungry?… See more recipe’s from David Rocco’s Dolce Vita