– 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil (60ml), plus extra for drizzling
– 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
– 2 sprigs nepitella (can be substituted with fresh mint and oregano)
– 4 fresh porcini mushrooms
– 8 slices Tuscan country bread
– Salt to season
Heat olive oil in a saucepan and add garlic and nepitella.
With a dry dishtowel, brush off any dirt that may be on the porcini mushroom – do not rinse porcini mushrooms under water as they will absorb water like a sponge.
Cut mushrooms into thin slices and cook in saucepan for a few minutes before adding salt.
Toast bread and drizzle some olive oil on top.
Remove nepitella sprigs from saucepan. Place mushrooms on top of toasted bread. Serve immediately.
Yield: 4 servings
Still hungry?… See more recipe’s from David Rocco’s Dolce Vita