Chefs Rob Rossi and Craig Harding provide a recipe for Grilled Radicchio & Citrus Salad With Ricotta Salata!
- 2 x heads of long red radicchio
- White radicchio
- Navel orange
- Blood orange
- Ricotta salata
- White wine vinegar (Leonardi Giovanni Wine Vinegar available at Cheese Boutique)
- Maldon or kosher salt
- Fresh cracked pepper
Instructions for Grilled Radicchio & Citrus Salad With Ricotta Salata
- Take the 2 heads of red radicchio and slice them in half. Season both sides with a sprinkle of olive oil, salt and pepper and a splash of high-quality white wine vinegar.
- Slice the peels of the oranges and grapefruit and cut them into segments.
- Place the radicchio halves on the grill with medium heat. Grill on each side for 2 minutes. If not using a grill use a cast iron pan on a stove.
- Tear pieces from the head of the white radicchio and place them as the base on a plate.
- Remove the grilled radicchio and after cooling for 10 minutes slice the core off and place the red radicchio on top of the white radicchio. Gently place the orange and grapefruit segments around the plate. Slice thin slices of the ricotta salata on top of the salad. Tear a few pieces of fresh parsley leaves over the plate.
- Finish with a squeeze of grapefruit, a splash of olive oil and a pinch of salt and fresh cracked pepper. Lastly a final drizzle of the white wine vinegar.
- Enjoy Rob and Craig’s Zucchini Fritti With Hot Honey & Pecorino!
Hungry for more recipes? Check out Open Fire!