This is a perfect summer recipe from Chefs Rob Rossi and Craig Harding that is light and packed full of delicious flavours.
- Japanese tempura flour (purchased at store)
- Sparkling water
- 2 x green and 2 x yellow zucchinis
- Habanero pepper
- Local honey
- Pecorino cheese
- Espelette pepper
- Fresh mint
Instructions for Zucchini Fritti With Hot Honey & Pecorino
- In a small sauce pot add 4 fresh habanero chilis with a cup of honey. Simmer slowly for 15 minutes.
- Slice a yellow zucchini into thin coin sized slices and reserve for plating. Julienne the rest of the zucchinis into medium sized pieces.
- In a mixing bowl add 100g of the tempura flour and 100ml of sparkling water and mix. You want a thin tempura batter. Add a pinch of salt. Mix in the zucchinis.
- In a heavy bottomed pot, add around 2 inches of oil and heat to 350 degrees. Carefully add the zucchini and deep fry for 1-2 minutes until the colour is golden brown.
- Place the zucchinis onto a plate on top of paper towel. Lightly season with salt.
- Grab a plate or small platter and place the uncooked thin coin zucchini slices in a circle as the base of the dish. Add the tempura zucchini on top and sprinkle with a pinch of espelette dry pepper. Chop a few leaves of fresh mint and gently place over the dish.
- Remove the hot honey from the stove and drizzle the hot honey over the tempura. Finely grate some pecorino cheese on top.
- Enjoy Rob and Craig’s Zucchini Fritti With Hot Honey & Pecorino!
Hungry for more recipes? Check out Open Fire!