– ½ tsp. Kosher salt, plus more for the pot
– 3 bulbs fennel, trimmed (about 2 lbs.)
– 8 oz. grated Italian fontina
– ½ cup grated Grana Padano or Parmigiano-Reggiano
– 2 tbsp. unsalted butter
– 6 large fresh sage leaves, chopped
Preheat the oven to 425 degrees. Bring a large lot of salted water to a boil.
Halve and core the fennel and slice it ½-inch thick. Add the slices of fennel to the boiling water and blanch until tender, about 15 to 20 minutes. Drain and rinse.
In a medium bowl, toss together the fontina and grated Grana Padano.
Butter a 9-by-13-inch baking dish. Spread in the blanched fennel and season with the salt. Scatter the chopped sage over the top and sprinkle with the grated cheese.
Bake until browned and bubbly, about 20 to 25 minutes.
Still hungry?… See more recipe’s from Lidia’s Kitchen