This dish is a perfect spring appetizer or side dish that is super fresh and fun to create. Chefs Rob Rossi and Craig Harding got inspired after cooking across Argentina and tasted many different local versions of fire roasted provolone. Here it is recreated on Open Fire and will sure be a hit to serve to friends and family!
- 2 thick slices of provolone cheese
- 6 baby bell peppers
- 2 peaches
- Small handful of jarred piquillo peppers
- Sherry Vinegar
- Fresh basil
- Olive oil
- Sea salt
- Fresh cracked pepper
Instructions for Roasted Provolone With Peach & Pepper Salad
- Turn on the BBQ to medium-high heat. While the BBQ heats up, prepare the peach and pepper salad.
- Take the baby bell peppers and drizzle olive oil over them. Sprinkle good sea salt all over and then crack pepper over as well. Put the peppers on the grill and blister them slightly. Cook each side for 2 minutes.
- Remove the peppers off the grill and let cool. Take the peaches and slice them into medium sized pieces and add to a bowl. Julienne the peppers from the grill and add into bowl along with a pinch of chopped fresh basil.
- Julienne the piquillo peppers and place in the bowl. Add a splash of sherry vinegar and give everything a slight toss with a spoon and add a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Place a cast iron pan on your grill. Drizzle olive oil onto one side of the provolone and place oil side down in the hot cast iron. Cook for 3 minutes on the one side only. With a spatula place the cheese onto a serving plate. Let rest for 5 minutes.
- Add the peach and pepper salad gently across the roasted provolone.
- Enjoy Rob and Craig’s Roasted Provolone With Peach & Pepper Salad!
Hungry for more recipes? Check out Open Fire!