- 400g Arborio rice (0.8lb)
- Bunch of spinach (fresh or frozen)
- 150g soft ricotta cheese (5.3oz)
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter (30ml)
- Freshly grated Grana Padano cheese
- Extra virgin olive oil for drizzling
- Salt to season
Instructions for Spinach Risotto
- Bring salted water to a boil in a pot and add Arborio rice. Stir constantly for the first minute to prevent the rice from sticking to the pot.
- In another pot, add spinach along with 1/4 cup of water and cook for a few minutes. Once spinach has softened, remove from heat and purée using a food processor.
- Cook rice for approximately 12 minutes or before the rice gets to the al dente stage. Pour most of the water out of the pot, leaving a small amount of water behind with the rice. Add puréed spinach to the rice.
- Stir soft ricotta, grana padano cheese and butter into the rice. Salt to season.
- Turn off heat and cook for another minute or so. At this point, the rice should have a creamy consistency.
- Plate and drizzle with extra virgin olive oil. Serve immediately.
- Enjoy David’s Zia Orsola’s Spinach Risotto!
Hungry for more recipes? Check out David Rocco’s Dolce Vita!