- 2 pounds stewing beef, cut into 1- inch cubes (900g)
- 2 red onions, roughly chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil (120ml)
- 3 cups Chianti wine (700ml)
- 2 teaspoons whole peppercorns
- Salt to season
Instructions for Stracotto al Chianti
- In a pot, heat up the extra virgin olive oil. Once oil is hot, add the beef, onions and garlic. Sear for about 2 minutes. Stir frequently.
- Add all the wine. It should be enough to cover the beef. Season with salt and whole peppercorns.
- Bring the wine to a boil. Lower the heat and allow it to simmer for approximately 2 hours.
- Enjoy David’s Stracotto al Chianti!
Hungry for more recipes? Check out David Rocco’s Dolce Vita!