Budino di pere e pane
By Lidia’s Kitchen
Bread pudding is a delicious and comforting dessert that does just that. It is easy to make, and easy to serve: just top it with a dollop of whipped cream and it is good every time.This recipe has pears and almonds added to it, which gives it that fruity pear taste and almond crunch.
– 2 tablespoons softened unsalted butter
– 6 large eggs
– 1 cup sugar
– 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
– zest of 1 lemon, grated
– 1 cup milk
– 1 cup heavy cream, plus more to whip for garnish
– 4 cups (day old) ½ inch country bread cubes, crusts removed
– 2 Bosc pears, peeled, cored and cut into ½ inch chunks
– ¹⁄³ cup blanched sliced almonds
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Coat the baking dish with softened butter. Whisk the eggs in a large bowl. Add all but 2 tablespoons of the sugar, the vanilla, and lemon zest, and whisk to lighten the mixture. Whisk in the milk and heavy cream. Add the bread and pears, and pour the mixture into the prepared baking dish.
Sprinkle with the remaining 2 tablespoons of sugar and the almond slices. Bake until the pudding is set and puffy and the top is golden, about 40 to 45 minutes. Let cool on a rack for 15 minutes; serve warm or at room temperature, garnished with whipped cream.
Still hungry?… See more recipe’s from Lidia’s Kitchen