– 2 pounds stewing beef, cut into 1- inch cubes (900g)
– 2 red onions, roughly chopped
– 3 garlic cloves, crushed
– 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil (120ml)
– 3 cups Chianti wine (700ml)
– 2 teaspoons whole peppercorns
– Salt to season
In a pot, heat up the extra virgin olive oil. Once oil is hot, add the beef, onions and garlic. Sear for about 2 minutes. Stir frequently.
Add all the wine. It should be enough to cover the beef. Season with salt and whole peppercorns.
Bring the wine to a boil. Lower the heat and allow it to simmer for approximately 2 hours.
Yield: 4 servings
Still hungry?… See more recipe’s from David Rocco’s Dolce Vita