– 2 pounds fresh clams (900g)
– 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil (60ml), plus extra for drizzling
– 3 garlic cloves, 2 crushed, 1 for rubbing
– 1 fresh chili pepper, diced
– 10 cherry tomatoes, quartered
– 1 cup white wine (240ml)
– Bunch of fresh Italian parsley, finely chopped
– Salt to season
– 1 stone from the sea
– 4 slices country bread, toasted and halved
Remove excess sand from clams by soaking it in a bowl of cold salted water. The clams will open up their shells and release sand.
In a pan, fry up garlic, chili pepper and cherry tomatoes for 30 seconds.
Add clams and cook for 30 seconds with the lid on, shaking pan often.
Add wine to pan and cover until clams have completely opened. Add parsley and salt. Continue cooking for another minute for all the flavours to come together.
Rub some raw garlic on toasted bread slices. Drizzle bread with extra virgin olive oil. Serve clam soup in bowls with 2 half slices per bowl
Yield: 4 serving
Still hungry?… See more recipe’s from David Rocco’s Dolce Vita